Federal Programs and Grants
Edison Township Public Schools receives federal funds each year to support the operation of the Title I program in schools. Title I is a K-12 program that provides additional academic support and learning opportunities for students at schools with high percentages of socioeconomically disadvantaged children. The program is intended to help ensure that all students meet state academic standards. This is accomplished through the following research-based practices:
- Supporting reading/literacy programs
- Professional development for Highly Qualified Teachers
- Offering parents opportunities for involvement
- Developing a framework of accountability
For more information, please visit the links below.
- U.S. Department of Education – Title I, Part A Legislation
- NJDOE Entitlement Grants – Title I Resources
- Title I Legislation
- Every Student Succeeds Act
Edison Township Public Schools has 6 schools designated as Title I schools. Information about the programs and services planned for each school is linked below.