Addendum- General Specifications
47. LIQUIDATED DAMAGES-$200.00 PER DAY
The contractor agrees to substantially complete this project or service rendered to the complete satisfaction of the Board of Education by the stated contract completion date or within the number of working days so specified in the contract.
Failure to complete the project or rendered service with the specified time frame or contract completion date, shall lead to the Board of Education assessing liquidated damages against the contractor in accordance with and pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:18A-41.
For each calendar day thereafter that the work included under this contract remains uncompleted the Board of Education shall assess liquidated damages of two hundred dollars ($200.00) per day.
The Board of Education shall also assess against all monies owed to the contractor, all costs that the Board will incur because of each day the project remains uncompleted. The costs include but are not limited to:
- Construction management fees
- Architect/engineer fees
- District administrative fees
- Any inspector or inspectors necessarily employed by the Board of Education on the work, for any number of days in excess of the number allowed in the specifications
The Board of Education shall also assess against all monies owed to the contractor, liquidated damages for the violation of any terms and conditions of the contractor or agreement by the contractor or failure to perform said contract or agreements in accordance with its terms and conditions or the terms of conditions of the “Board of Education Contracts Law,” in accordance with and pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:18A-41.
Questions and Answers:
- Maintenance Bond requirement; #9 under Instructions to Bidders
- Guarantee requirement; #9 under Instructions to Bidders
- Project Completion Time; Ongoing - 6/30/22
- Liquidated Damages; #33 under Instructions to Bidders
- Retainage- Unknown at this time
- Maintenance Bond information is not stated in the referenced section. Maintenance Bond not required
- Guarantee refers to warranty period after the work is completed, also not stated in this section. Refer to Performance Bond
- Liquidated Damages information is stated as included in General Specifications section, however, it is not noted there. Addendum- General Specifications #47.
- Addendum# 1 has been issued on your website for this bid. However, a date is not provided. As per the Acknowledgement of Addenda in the Bid Forms a date will be required. What is the date for this addendum? The addendum was issued October 5, 2021.
Questions and Answers:
- On what date do you expect to award the contract? October 26, 2021 is the next public BOE meeting.
- Do you have any flexibility on the installation date due to weather or our schedule? All rentals will be based on the outside temperature; we are flexible.
- Do you need walls on the tents? No.
- Do you have an expectation of how many tents you will need? Depends on our needs, could be up to 19 or as little as 1.
- Will our team be responsible to remove snow accumulation from the tents or will you be doing that in case of snow. It is our expectation that no tents will be up during the months when snow is possible.
- Is the amount of the bid guarantee based on one tent only? When required, each bid shall be accompanied by a bid bond, cashiers or certified check for ten percent (10%) of the amount of the total contract, but not in excess of $20,000.
- Does that mean that they are required or not required? Required
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)