Here is a Guide to help you locate the Device Serial Number.
Chromebook Serial Number Location
HP Chromebook/Dell Chromebook
- Start on the login page.
- Click ALT + V on the keyboard.
- A message will appear in the upper right-hand corner with the serial number (Sample: SN:5CD601480L).
If you do not see the serial number in the upper right-hand corner, you may need to update the Chrome Operating System (OS).
1. Follow the steps below to update the Chrome OS.
- Login with your email and password. Once logged in click on tab on bottom right corner - - then click SETTINGS
- On the next page - - Click ABOUT
- Under the Google Chrome OS version, you will be provided with an option to update the Chrome OS
- Click Check for and apply update –wait for the update to finish.
- When the update finishes - - Click RESTART
- When the Chromebook finishes restarting, follow the steps above - starting with the login page.
Macbook Air Serial Number Location
- Log into your account
- Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner.
- Sample: Serial Number underlined in Red