Use the checklist below to guide ensure your eligibility to try out for sports teams at Edison High School.
All forms will be inspected for accuracy and returned to youif there are any discrepancies, inaccuracies, or omissions.
1. Use pen as pencil will not be accepted.2. Submit only original forms, photocopies will not be accepted.
3. Make sure all forms are signed and dated no earlier than 60 days before your tryouts begin.
4. Both the student /athlete and the parent/guardian must sign and date all forms.
Complete and return the following forms to the coach:
a. Athletic Information Form
b. Permission Form for Interscholastic Sports-HS Form #14B
c. NJSIAA Steroid Testing Policy
d. NJSIAA Concussion Policy Acknowledgement Form
e. Health History
f. Physician Form (must have a physician stamp)
g. Asthma Action Plan, Severe Allergy Treatment Plan or Medication Administration forms if necessary
Additional details and definitions:
1. Sports physical exams can be no older than 365 days of the first practice session. The State mandated form (HS Form 14C) is the only accepted form, and must be fully completed by the examining healthcare provider. Along with the any new physical a Health History form (HS Form 14A) must be completed by the parent MUST be reviewed by the examining healthcare provider when the physical exam is done. The Health History (Form 14 A) signed by the parent/guardian no earlier than 60 days of the first practice session.2. If there is a current Physical Form on file with the nurse (HS Form 14C) then all that is needed is an updated Health History (HS Form 14 G) signed by the parent/guardian no earlier than 60 days of the first practice session.3. Athletes with Asthma must complete a new Asthma Treatment Plan beginning with Fall Season (HS Form 7CC). Both a parent and the physician’s signatures are required.
4. Athletes with any severe allergies that require epinephrine must complete a new Physicians Form for Severe Allergy Emergency Treatment beginning with the Fall Season (HS Form 30A). Both a parent and the physician’s signatures are required.
No athlete will be permitted to try out unless all the required forms are completed properly and returned.