STANDARD I: TEACHERS DEMONSTRATE LEADERSHIP
- Teachers lead in their classrooms.
- Teachers demonstrate leadership in the school.
- Teachers lead the teaching profession.
- Teachers advocate for schools and students.
- Teachers demonstrate high ethical standards.
STANDARD II: TEACHERS ESTABLISH A RESPECTFUL ENVIRONMENT FOR A DIVERSE POPULATION OF STUDENTS
- Teachers provide an environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults.
- Teachers embrace diversity in the school community and in the world.
- Teachers treat students as individuals.
- Teachers adapt their teaching for the benefit of students with special needs.
- Teachers work collaboratively with the families and significant adults in the lives of their students.
STANDARD III: TEACHERS KNOW THE CONTENT THEY TEACH
- Teachers align their instruction with the New Jersey/Common Core Content Standards and approved District curriculum.
- Teachers know the content appropriate to their teaching specialty.
- Teachers recognize the interconnectedness of content areas/disciplines.
- Teachers make instruction relevant to students.
STANDARD IV: TEACHERS FACILITATE LEARNING FOR THEIR STUDENTS
- Teachers know the ways in which learning takes place, and they know the appropriate levels of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of their students.
- Teachers plan instruction appropriate for their students.
- Teachers use a variety of instructional methods.
- Teachers integrate and utilize technology in their instruction.
- Teachers help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Teachers help students work in teams and develop leadership qualities.
- Teachers communicate effectively.
- Teachers use a variety of methods to assess what each student has learned.
STANDARD V: TEACHERS REFLECT ON THEIR PRACTICE
1. Teachers analyze student learning.
2. Teachers link professional growth to their professional goals.
3. Teachers function effectively in a complex, dynamic environment.