The Principal and Staff will adhere to the following procedures for student arrival to the building:
- Bus Duty staff will open doors at 8:45 a.m. Students arriving by bus will enter the building as they arrive and line up in the hallway. Kindergarten bus students will line up together with the supervising staff member. The supervising staff member will walk the students to their hallways where they will line up with their class.
- The bus drivers will check the bus to be sure all students have exited.
- Staff will open doors at 8:45. Kindergarten students will enter the building through the kindergarten doors by the playground. First, Second and Third grade students will enter through the breezeway doors. Fourth and Fifth grade students will enter the building through the doors by the steps by Cambridge Ave. Students will wait quietly by their classroom doors.
- The doors will be locked by the supervising staff member at 8:55. Students who arrive after 8:55 must enter the doors by the office and be signed in by a parent/guardian. Students who are late will then walk to their class with a late pass.
- All teachers are on duty at their classroom door at 8:55. Teachers supervise the orderly entrance of students to the building, through the halls and into the classrooms. Student attendance is taken.
- All visitors to the building must ring the security bell and report to the main office.
- Attendance will be taken daily by teacher using Genisis. Substitute teachers will take attendance using class rosters on paper.
The principal and staff will adhere to the following procedures for student dismissal from the building:
- 4th and 5th grade bus students will line up in the hallway near the bathrooms at 3:25. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade bus students will line up in the breezeway area at 3:25. Kindergarten (A.M.) bus students are escorted to the bus by the staff on duty. Kindergarten (P.M.) bus students will line up in the Kindergarten hallway at 3:25. Students will be escorted to the busses by the staff on duty. After exiting the building, the staff on duty will direct students to their correct bus or van line to await direction for boarding the bus or van. The Bus Duty Staff will remain with students until all busses and vans have departed.
- Students will board busses and vans only if the driver is present and ready to accept them. Students must wear the seat belts.
- Kindergarten & 1st grade students in the ABC (childcare) program will be escorted by Duty Staff to the multi-purpose room at 3:25. All other students will be dismissed from their classrooms to the ABC program at 3:30.
- Students escorted home by parents/guardians are dismissed from their classrooms at 3:30. Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade students are released by their teacher only when met by parent/guardian. A teacher will be on duty at the 5th grade steps from 3:25 until 3:40.
- Any students remaining on school property after dismissal without parent/guardian supervision must be brought to the main office. Parent/guardian will be called.
- After all busses and students have left the school property, all doors are closed and locked.