Below are a series of Frequently Asked Questions and answers. If you require additional assistance, please email: Genesis.email@example.com
or call 732-452-4574 between the hours of 8:00AM-4:00PM.
Question 1. How do I register for the Parent Portal?
Answer 1. Click "Parents" on the navigation bar - then the "Parent Portal Registration Form" link. Follow the form instructions.
Question 2. Is there a user's guide for the Parent Portal?
Question 3. I tried logging in but the login screen goes back to blank. Why?
If a user attempts to login 5 or more times using the wrong password the system will disable the account. If this occurs, a user should either email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 732-452-4574 between the hours of 8:00AM - 4:00PM.
Question 4. I have more than one child in the district, do I have to submit a registration form for each child?
Answer 4. Yes. We ask that parent/legal guardian submit a registration form for each child. This is done to ensure the information we receive is correct and allows us to connect all of the children under the same account.
Question 5. How do I pay a student fee in the Parent Portal?
Question 6. How do I make a Parent Request for scheduling for next year?
Currently, at specific times of the year, parents are able to make an elective request for the student's schedule for next year. Below are the "how to ..." instructions by grade level.
Grade 5 going into grade 6:
- Sign into the Parent Portal and select your 5th grade student. (Use the dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to complete this task.)
- Once your child appears, click the on the Scheduling tab. This will take you directly to the scheduling page where you will be selecting one (1) World Language and two (2) electives. (In other words, you will select 2 ELECTIVE COURSES, not 2 electives in each subject.)
- Now, Click on the "Requests" tab. This will take you to the elective page.
- Once you decide on your elective choices, look at the priority tab. Click on the down arrow and select your first priority "1" -now click "Request this Course." Now select your second course and choose "2" as the priority, then click "Request this Course."
- Next, select your top priority for your World Language Course.
- Once you select "Request this Course," you will move to the next page. Double check your elective course selections. (You can always delete an elective request and choose another as long as the Request tab is open.)
- When you are finished with your selections, you must click "Submit" - you will be asked to TYPE IN THE WORD "SUBMIT" IN CAPITAL LETTERS and click Okay.
- Once this is complete, you will see a digital signature that will confirm the course requests have been submitted.
- Note: You will not be able to change an elective request after June 1. Please contact your child's school counseling office if you have a question about a course or request.
Grade 6 going into grade 7:
Grade 7 going into grade 8:
Grade 8 going into grade 9:
The Scheduling Portal for elective selection will open March 10th
at 5pm and close on March 16th at 4pm. Please sit with your child and discuss their
interests and abilities. Electives are based on availability so it is
imperative that you indicate your top five choices in order of importance,
regardless of which category that you choose from.
Example: Auto =
priority #1, Comp. Sci. C++ = priority #2, personal keyboarding (semester
class) = priority #3 and banking and finance (semester course) = priority #3
(two semester courses equal one full year course), Art 1 = priority #4, Guitar
1 = priority #5.
sure to select carefully because there are absolutely no elective changes in
Your child’s current World Language teacher
will make a recommendation for next year.
If you wish to change your child's recommended World Language
or add a World Language, you must submit a written request to your child's
middle school counselor.
Available World Languages are:
All beginning World Language
courses are level one. No World Language
changes will be honored after June 1.
Grades 9 & 10 going into grade 10 & 11:
Your child's recommended academic courses for next year will
be available to view after March 16th in Parent Portal. All of these courses will be reviewed
following the third marking period and again when final grades are available.
You will receive a final course verification in June.
In addition, students in grades 9 and 10 will
use Parent Portal to make elective
choices. Please sit with your child and discuss their interests and
abilities. Keep in mind that they must select courses that fulfill graduation
requirements. Electives are based on availability so it is imperative that you
indicate your top four choices in order of importance. Be
sure to select carefully because there are no elective changes in
students will meet individually with their counselors to review the requests on
Parent Portal and all aspects of their academic program. Adjustments may be
made at that time.