Below are a series of Frequently Asked Questions and answers. If you require additional assistance, please email: Genesis.firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 732-452-4574 between the hours of 8:00AM-4:00PM.
Question 1. How do I register for the Parent Portal?
Question 2. Is there a user's guide for the Parent Portal?
Question 3. I tried logging in but the login screen goes back to blank. Why?
If a user attempts to login 5 or more times using the wrong password the system will disable the account. If this occurs, a user should either email email@example.com
or call 732-452-4574 between the hours of 8:00AM - 4:00PM.
Question 4. I have more than one child in the district, do I have to submit a registration form for each child?
Answer 4. Yes. We ask that parent/legal guardian submit a registration form for each child. This is done to ensure the information we receive is correct and allows us to connect all of the children under the same account.
Question 5. How do I pay a student fee in the Parent Portal?
Question 6. How do I make a Parent Request for scheduling for next year?
Currently, at specific times of the year, parents are able to make an elective request for the student's schedule for next year. Below are the "how to ..." instructions by grade level.
Grade 5 going into grade 6:
- Sign into the Parent Portal and select your 5th grade student. (Use the dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to complete this task.)
- Once your child appears, click the on the Scheduling tab. This will take you directly to the scheduling page where you will be selecting one (1) World Language and two (2) electives. (In other words, you will select 2 ELECTIVE COURSES, not 2 electives in each subject.)
- Now, Click on the "Requests" tab. This will take you to the elective page.
- Once you decide on your elective choices, look at the priority tab. Click on the down arrow and select your first priority "1" -now click "Request this Course." Now select your second course and choose "2" as the priority, then click "Request this Course."
- Next, select your top priority for your World Language Course.
- Once you select "Request this Course," you will move to the next page. Double check your elective course selections. (You can always delete an elective request and choose another as long as the Request tab is open.)
- When you are finished with your selections, you must click "Submit" - you will be asked to TYPE IN THE WORD "SUBMIT" IN CAPITAL LETTERS and click Okay.
- Once this is complete, you will see a digital signature that will confirm the course requests have been submitted.
- Note: You will not be able to change an elective request after June 1, 2015. Please contact your child's school counseling office if you have a question about a course or request.
Grade 6 going into grade 7:
Grade 7 going into grade 8:
Grade 8 going into grade 9: Coming Soon!
Grades 9 & 10 going into grade 10 & 11: Coming Soon!
Edison High School
John P. Stevens High School