Edison Township Public Schools
Department of Science
To: Science Honors Students of 11th Grade
From: Hope Benson, Supervisor
Date: November 23, 2011
Re: Governor’s School Applications
Governor’s School Program applications are now being accepted. In 2012 there will be two Governor’s Schools:
- The GS in the Sciences at Drew University
- The GS of Engineering and Technology at Rutgers University
Please visit the website (http://www.nj.gov/govschool) for specific program descriptions and the applications.
In order to be considered for nomination to either program,
- Students must complete and submit a sample application packet and application coversheet by December 23, 2011. (Place in Mrs. Benson’s mailbox in the main office.)
- Faculty members will review the sample packets and choose two nominees for each GS school during January 2-5, 2012.
- The nominees will be notified by January 6, 2012 who will then complete a formal application and submit appropriate letters of recommendation.
- The nominees’ applications will be sent directly to the Governor’s School Program by January 13, 2012.
Please note the following:
- Due to the limited amount of time each date will be strictly adhered to without exception; late applications will NOT be accepted.
- Students completing sample applications do NOT need letters of recommendation, Principal signatures or parent signatures. If chosen as a nominee for JPS or EHS, the student will then need those items.
- Sample applications must include all other requirements in final draft.
- Students must provide all information on Sample Application cover sheet.
- Students should NOT mail any applications directly to the Governor’s Schools. JPS will send all applications.
All applications, including the application cover sheet, must be submitted to Mrs. Benson by December 23, 20110.
Students must visit the website to print the application: