Edison Preschool Program
Edison Preschool Program @EELC&FDR
The Edison Township Preschool Program is dedicated to providing early childhood education for preschool-aged children with disabilities together with their peers in a supportive and safe learning environment which fosters individual growth.
Our mission is to prepare each child to become increasingly independent, to maximize readiness for more formal school experiences, to encourage each child to become a life-long learner, and to engage the parents and guardians in their child’s educational experience.
Specifically, the Edison Township Preschool Program strives to:
- Provide a well-balanced, developmentally appropriate, literacy-based curriculum through High Scope and Rethink.
- Ensure that there is an environment in which children learn through play.
- Create and maintain an inclusive learning and play environment for children with and without disabilities.
- Ensure smooth and effective transitions.
- Provide and support ongoing educational opportunities and training for staff and parents.
- Establish and nurture parent partnerships.
- Establish and nurture collaborative relationships within the Edison community.